Staff Member health is among the top discussed topics in senior level management meetings around the U.S.. A healthy productive workforce is integral to the success of all corporations. Implementing employee health programs is one way businesses are keeping their workforce strong and...
How to get rid of lower belly fat?
I often hear from my friends that are weary of workouts questions how to get rid of lower belly fat? Most cases it is caused by poor diet, lack of movement, hormones or childbirth. The fat in woman’s belly performs many roles and we should not strive to make it completely go away. Such efforts can cause a good deal of health problems. Proper amount of fat in the abdomen decides about proper functioning of hormones. Woman’s belly with strongly marked muscles so-called six pack abs can disturb its work and contribute to menstrual disorders and problems with pregnancy. It doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t have nice, succulent and flat belly. The one that will guarantee us health, strength, facilitate having a child and quick return to form after the birth.
Before we start, I have to warn you that process where you are going to lose belly fat fast is not an easy thing and it will require quite a lot efforts. The reason for this is that unfortunately you do not decide from which part of the body your organism takes fat to produce energy that is currently needed. It is genetically determined and we cannot control it in any way. Therefore, by doing aerobic training that is focused on burning fat, we cannot assume that it will reach only our belly. Adipose tissue will be burned from the entire body, but from which place first, you will see it if you start exercise regularly. Obviously, in the places where there is the most body fat, it will slowly disappear. However, I can assure you that if you stay patient and work hard, you will see awaited results.
First of all you should know that sleep is essential for our appearance, well-being, but also for our flat stomach. When our organism doesn’t receive enough sleep, then large amount of cortisol is being produced. It is stress hormone which is largely responsible for the deposition of a fat in the lower abdomen. This case can be noticed when in spite of well prepared meals and regular exercises, you still cannot get rid of belly fat.
Secondly, our diet. In fact, rational nutrition is important in achieving and maintaining flat belly and training takes second place. The most important principles of nutrition, not only for a flat stomach.
How to lose lower belly fat – the most important rules:
1. Separate daily meals on 5 smaller ones and eat at regular intervals. This will speed up your metabolism and use energy supplied all the time without the possibility of deposition in the form of fat. Just remember that the portions have to me small enough and you should feel a little bit hungry after eating them. Do not overeat!
2. Choose products with low glycemic index, the least processed.
3. Very important factor for your lose stomach fat problem is water. Drink a lot of it, at least 2 liters a day. Sweet drinks and alcohol should be limited to a minimum.
4. Love vegetables because they improve your metabolism due to the high amount of fiber. Besides, they are low in calories and they contain a lot of vitamins and minerals.
Raw vegetables can be eaten in large quantities.
5. Consume low in calories dairy products which will provide you adequate amount of calcium. It is good source of protein as well.
6. Limit carbohydrates, but do not eliminate them entirely. This is the best fuel for the proper functioning of the body. However, if they are eaten in excess, they turn into fat. Choose wholemeal products like cereal, brown rice, legumes where a portion is similar to the size of a fist.
7. Avoid sweets and processed food. Do not get close to fast food and try to cook meals at home. Thanks to this you know what you eat.
8. Get used to your organism to eating without salt which retains water in organism and if it is eaten in excess, it contributes to many lifestyle diseases including obesity followed by other serious illness. Your daily requirement of salt is one teaspoon (5g). Such an amount can be found in natural products, so you can hide the salt cellar.
9. Use natural spices such as herbs and exclude spices for example vegeta.
10. Eat a handful of nuts a day. This is one of the healthiest sources of fat that is needed in order to maintain good functionality of your organism and to absorb vitamins.
11. Meals should be prepared in the form of boiled, grilled, roasted, stewed but not fried.
12. Do not overdo with diet. You your everyday meals are healthy and natural, nothing will happen if you eat a piece of cake at a party or go out with the kids on ice creams. It can be your reward after whole week of hard work on yourself.
13. Remember about your goal and implement it every day. Soon, all the points are going to be your habits and good look will be your reward.
As I wrote earlier, the best exercises for a flat stomach are those that get rid of excess of your body fat. These are cardio exercises thanks to which our heart rate will raise up and breathing speed up. However, it is important tat the intensity was low enough for you to be able to talk. Duration should not be shorter than 30 minutes, preferably 45-60 minutes. You can choose cardio workout that you like best: cycling, jogging, dynamic walking, Nordic walking, machines at the gym, roller blading, swimming, fitness classes, dance etc. Perform it at least 3 times a week, but not day by day. Days off from cardio should be used to do strength training. It is better to focus on multi-joint exercises on your body weight. They strongly activate the abdominal muscles. Exercises such as push-ups, sit-ups, trips, lunges, planks positions. The more muscle you involve the more calories you burn, even during resting. Furthermore, we have to change our body in overall, not only in the particular muscle. Only this method can guarantee a permanent physical change. Strength workout can be made before cardio workout as well.
Answering on the questions how to get rid of lower belly fat we cannot forget about interval training on which you can swap after cardio. This kind of training is quite difficult and challenging because it is training at very high engagement alternately with low engagement. What is more, it has to be preceded with a solid warm-up. Huge upside of this training is that it takes less than classic cardio (intervals usually last about 20 minutes) and increased metabolism remains long after the workout. How to do intervals? However, you like and what are your possibilities. If you want to do jogging intervals, you can run, then trot for a minute and then sprint. Repeat this 10 times. If you want to practice intervals at home, choose exercises such as jumping jack, burpees, squat with a spike in, skip A or climbing on the hands and perform exercises depending on how fit you are, eg. 30 seconds of burpees and march in place for 30-60 seconds or 1 minute of puppet and 30 seconds of jog in place or 1 minute of skip A and one minute of light jumps.
Remember that during exercises do not allow your organism to rest completely. Your heart rate must be increased whole training.
See also: Why am I not losing weight? Speeding up metabolism!